- I have felt normal in the last two days, and even started gathering and sorting some things. The basket is full of paperwork I have gathered from various places around the house that have collected during my period of debilitation. Scary to behold.
- I told Regis I might even be able to follow a recipe now.
- I have spent about twelve hours in medical facilities this week for a variety of reasons, not all my own. I get into elevators now and have a blank moment where I wonder where I am and for what purpose.
- When I say normal, I mean no headache, no feeling of dizzy and rootless, no completely numb brain. Chemo vets: Could this mean that that shit is finally moving out of my system?
- I read that the brain fog could last for two years but by then I could be in the target range of dementia so how will I know?
- My daughter and my grandson are compulsively clean. They did not get this from me.
- While waiting at the hospital today, Tiffany offered to help organize our house, but she has no idea what a job that will be. I said she could give me weekly assignments.
- Young Regis and Old Regis have spent all day (8:00 to 4:30, so far.) trying to fix or replace a kitchen faucet which begs the question: Where is the line where DIY does not pay?
- Of course, you get in half-way and then it's too late. It's an investment. Besides, I like a man with a wrench in his hand. I do appreciate their hard work.
- I hate going in those man malls like Men R Nerds and Lows-Down and Dirty so it is a good thing I didn't have to be a part of this adventure except for sitting in the chair with a glass of wine, providing commentary. It's what I do best.
- There is a pair of grackles monopolizing the bird feeders this week. They are raising two babies. Normally, I loathe grackles but I do admire their devotion to their babies. Looks like a mama and a daddy feeding them. Or two mommies, two daddies, or two aunties.
- We are in the process of straightening out some insurance/annuity/401K stuff for our retirement. It my absolute worst nightmare so my emails to the professionals who will help us with this contain lots of "haha!" and "..." and "I suck at this". I don't think there is any other way to do it.
- My mom doesn't think there is a need to cuss. She chides me gently to find other vocabulary but I am of Mike's opinion that the persistent withholding of cuss words does some bad shit in your brain. He says it's like a cork in there and the pressure builds up and up until POW!!! Use of cuss words in appropriate settings allows that steam to be released slowly. I love you, Mom!
- Here is a link to my friend, Mike's comedy show on the 22nd of June in the SP area. We have always had a great time and if you love live comedy, this will be a major event.
Friday, June 07, 2013
what does it all mean?
Posted by Teresa Saum at 4:54:00 PM