- I was in a slump last week. End of the ninth inning with two outs or something like that. I'm not good at sports metaphors.
- I am better this week. Yesterday, I stopped at Mary's Flowers (Where fun and flowers meet!), drove myself to radiation, went to the grocery store, went to Swedish Kontur for some of those fine dish cloths, and went to the PO. I like to call it the PO because the short story by Eudora Welty, Why I Live at the PO, is one of my favorites. Dawn helped me figure out which boxes I needed.
- Regis has been sick with some wretched stomach virus. He blamed it on the Mexican food we had "out" on Monday but I don't think that's it. I am dragging him to the doctor today The left-overs from that meal are still in the refrigerator, unclaimed. Norovirus = bad shit.
- I have had to be responsible for Gus with Regis sick. There is good/bad in that.
- We had planned to have a party to welcome our new neighbors to the hood. They came in November but went to India for a month, then we were all busy with the holidays, winter, cancer, and shit like that. Anyway, the party was supposed to be tonight and in my usual procrastination mode, I didn't get the last invites issued until last night. Now, with Regis sick, I have to undo it all. Crap.
- Elliot has to have some dental/medical work done on Friday at 8:30 in Same Day Surgery. I told Tiffany I would meet her there and then just go to my radiation appointment. I've been there so much in the last year, it feels like a second home.
- My mom leaves on her big adventure tomorrow. Her sister, Jean is turning 90 on Sunday. The trip involves a drive to Sioux Falls, a flight to Denver, another flight to Seattle, and a two-hour drive to eastern Washington. I'm sure I have written about this before because I am in awe of people who can accomplish trips like this.
- I told my cousin, a world traveler, about an older fellow I know who didn't want to take a plane trip but was encouraged by his family and finally went to the airport where he promptly fell down and had to be taken away by ambulance. Deb said if I ever try that, she'll know it's a ploy to avoid a trip and she'll just yell at me, "Teresa, get up off the ground! We're going!" I should have kept my mouth shut.
- I have been playing Scrabble on my iPad. I just want to do it myself but the only options are to play against a player online or to play the computer. I know that damn thing cheats. I get three I's, a U, and a bunch of other crap. The computer makes words like admonish and adze. Damn it. I paid five dollars for that stupid game.
- More later...
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
a random list
Posted by Teresa Saum at 8:06:00 AM