I saw my oncologist this morning and he was, as usual, uplifting. He talked about things I could do to help prevent recurrence...limit wine, exercise my body and my brain, eat healthy. All good things to do. I'll see him again in a month to talk about removing my port and about the hormone I'll take for five years.
I hope I didn't alarm anyone (Sorry, Mom.) with my dismal attitude this morning. All is well. Here's my list of reasons to be happy:
- I'm getting some of the best medical care in the world.
- I have a sweet husband who takes me to so many appointments.
- I have a cozy bedroom where I can curl up with a book and take a nap.
- My garden is springing forth!
- Elliot is coming to see us this evening and we're going to pay a visit to Tom and Betty.
- My prognosis is very good.
- I have good friends and family sending me light and love.
- We have beautiful birds in our yard.
- My cousin, Deb, made a visit this week. She always makes me laugh.
- We have two beautiful blooming trees in the front yard.
- Our refrigerator is broken but Reggie came to help fix it. Thanks, kid!
- Catie is graduating from the U of M nursing program this afternoon.
Not a bad list for an old broad who was poised on the bridge this morning. Hahahaha! Not quite. I'm just a bit of a drama queen...but I do appreciate the support in my time of need. Thanks to everyone who wrote.