- I like to read... constantly. I can't sit still for five minutes without reading something...the label on a box, someone else's list, a road map.
- I have been lucky enough to always have someone in my life who fills my car with gas. I rarely do it myself.
- I ran a half marathon in something over three hours which is more time than some people take to run a full marathon.
- In the sportpix photo of me in the half marathon, I was eating a peanut butter sandwich and waving at people.
- I got an F on the softball throw every year in school because I could only throw it 50 feet.
- I swam across the Iowa River once. It was a very dumb thing to do.
- I hate carnival rides that leave the ground or go fast.
- I told a man at a service station years ago that I thought my oil light was broken because it was going off and on. He said I didn't deserve to drive a car.
- Two things I can't do: math and cards.
- I played the French horn (badly) in high school.
- I never kill spiders, even if they are in the house. I have rescued a few from the sink and the tub. Eventually they dry off and run away.
- I have only flown in an airplane seven times. Three times to Philadelphia, once to Spokane, once to San Francisco, once to Arizona, and once to Iowa.
- I know how to make pierogis (Polish) and lefse (Norwegian).
- I'd like to learn to draw and play the concertina. Not at the same time.
- Yesterday I made a list of my 50 favorite books. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien was on the list.
- Since, October 1, 2006, I've written 1,903 blog posts.
- I never play the radio in the car when I'm driving.
- I eat peanut butter almost every day.
- I like social media but I think Pinterest is electronic hoarding.
- I love to diagram sentences.
- I have a binder for the recipes of each holiday. I save the menu, the recipes, and a few pictures. It's like the archive for my cooking life.
- I remember when it cost 25 cents to go to a movie and popcorn was a dime.
- I started school in Herman, Minnesota. I didn't go to kindergarten because they didn't have one.
- I taught my dog to give a high five.
- I can't believe it was so hard to come up with 25 random things.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
25 random things about me...a writing assignment
Posted by Teresa Saum at 2:50:00 PM