So, here is the list of things I think I remember:
- I think I saw it in the 80s.
- It took place in the South.
- There were dark scenes (black and white?).
- There was a scene where women were putting pillows into pillow cases in the bedroom of an old house...lace curtains and flowery wallpaper kind of house.
- There was a scene where some people were sitting under a weeping willow kind of tree.
- A man gets shot for infidelity. I think by his wife. He had a name like Teddy Jay or something similar. He was a politician.
- There were several strong women actors in the movie and one of them may have been that dark-haired, squinty-eyed woman.
I wonder what it is about this movie that I liked since I remember so little of it. I may have several movies mushed together in my head. The 80s was not a good decade for me in terms of remembering movies and such. I was raising little kids and getting by on very little sleep and was consumed with things like picture books and potty training. Not much intellectual capital.