We went to Suzette's in Jordan last night with Kathy, a childhood friend of mine, and her husband, Jack. They're a hoot. We spent about 5 hours together eating, talking, laughing. I had the seafood mixed grill...lobster, shrimp, and scallops. Delicious. The left-overs will be my dinner with a spinach salad.
Regis and I are doing our usual weekend sit in front of the fireplace while we drink coffee and cyber connect. We're making a plan for the day and since we did so darn little yesterday, there are lots of things to do today. Here's my list:
- Try to get in the garden to fill the bird feeders. This involves snow up to my butt and is not an easy task.
- Tidy up the house. (Done)
- Pick up the clothes from the week that I have strewn about the house. (Done)
- Set the table. I learned this from Mom. If the table is set, I am less likely to pile stuff on it. (Done)
- Put away the last of the Christmas stuff that was forgotten. (Done)
- Get my lunch bag ready for the week....refill protein, refill nuts and dried fruit, etc. (Done)
- Go to the coop for a few things. Pizza crust, spinach, tomatoes, pecans, almonds. (Done)
- Get a bag ready for the thrift store pick-up Wednesday. (Done)
Coffee in front of the faux fireplace.
Potpourri of dishes. The green and white and the pink and white tea cups were my Aunt Vi's. The yellow cream pitcher and sugar bowl were Grandma Elsie's. The rest of them came from Mom.
Regis makes me a Mexican omelet...delicious! A little bacon, a little cheese, and some spicy hot salsa! Sherry, see your picture on the refrigerator door!
The picture is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea. I also took a picture of my lunch but that was a really bad picture. I had beets, broccoli salad, two green beans, two shrimp, and a scallop.
Well, I got distracted by a couple shiny things and didn't get a chance to finish this. Now, I am tired and here comes Monday....