- We meant to buy groceries today. Instead we slept late and we're sitting here drinking coffee. I don't see the shopping trip happening.
- Deb and Larry sent us coffee for Christmas. Kona coffee from Peats. What a treat it is after drinking the cheap stuff from Aldi's.
- We celebrated Ella's 5th birthday yesterday. It was bittersweet...a lovely party but she is growing up so fast. Where does the time go?
- Today is my last day of vacation. As my friend, Mike, used to say...I'm seeing amoebas. It's a symptom of Sunday psychosis.
- It's very cold here today but the sun is shining. A big plus.
- A rabbit has been eating the carrots that Ella and I put out on Christmas Eve. Poor little bunnies.
- Regis is being trained to prepare taxes as a volunteer for AARP. After a full week of training, he will be tested. What the hell. So, you don't pass the test...then what? I think I'd rather be staked naked to an ant hill and covered with honey than do this.
- Lots of things I meant to do this week but didn't. Maybe "meant to do" is not right. More like thought about doing. Oh, well. It's part of my new zen philosophy...no to do lists.
- I had a lot of sad bubbling around in my head last night and had a good cry about it. I don't do that very often anymore but it is cathartic.
- Peter (back in our basement) is a very good worker but not a good job finder. I'm sure between my melodrama and my nagging him to find a job, he will be gone soon. This morning, I made a list of places he can apply. Good grief.
- I have a monster pot of chili on the back porch that needs to be vacuum sealed into smaller portions today. Emily made great chili yesterday for Ella's birthday dinner.
- I need to find a way to exercise today for 30 minutes. I signed up for John Bingham's 100 Day Challenge.
- Steve and Sherry sent a Christmas picture of them with daughter Catie and dog Pepsi. Pepsi is wearing Bert's Christmas bow tie. Regis hops that Pepsi is not channeling Bert's nasty disposition.
- I guess this is all I have to say at the moment. I don't see myself being too active today so I may be back.
Sunday, January 02, 2011
Posted by Teresa Saum at 10:51:00 AM