We had about six inches of lovely, fluffy snow last night but it made for a sleepless night. I woke up at midnight and couldn't fall asleep again. About 2, the snow plows started going by what seemed like every 20 minutes. I suppose I heard them in front and on the side streets. Then some damn fool that my neighbor has hired to do his driveway showed up 3. Bill's driveway is about 18 inches from my pillow so I was awake again. Long night. I took a nap but it's not the same. I don't feel very witty and urbane today. The image above is from the google search for witty and urbane. What a hoot.
We've discovered a new place to eat in Mankato called the Northwoods Cafe and Grill. It's in the building where the Timber Lodge (ick) used to be. This place actually makes real food, not the dumped out of a plastic bag and reheated food. Here's my review:
- Lots of help so you don't have to wait forever.
- Nice mashed potatoes...baby reds with a light gravy.
- Hearty salad with shredded carrots and tomatoes that taste like tomatoes and not styrofoam.
- Large wine glasses although the cabernet I had was a little sweet.
- Wonderful breakfast menu: 15 different kinds of pancakes and waffles.
- They make their own syrup!
- Great toast with raspberry jam in a glass bottle...not plastic tubs.
- Hashbrowns that are like heaven...roasted red potatoes fried with red onions.
- High-backed booths so you don't have to listen to other people's cell phone conversations.
Well, that's about it for today.