Signs of spring:
- It was 46 degrees when I drove home from school today! It's almost sandal weather! My feet are crying out to be liberated from shoes and socks.
- We've started thinking about the patio. I called Karl today to ask about the river birch because I don't want to do anything to harm the tree.
- There is mud everywhere. And dripping water off trees and roofs.
- The car looks like a salt heap.
- It smells outside. When it's way below zero you can't smell anything. Even unpleasant smells are pleasant in the spring.
- The car warms up from the sun. I turned off the heater in the car and almost opened the window this afternoon.
- Windows look like hell. The streaks and crap I didn't notice all winter because I left in the dark and came home in the dark all of a sudden looks like the dog's been licking the glass. It might be true in some cases.