Sunday, October 26, 2008

snow coming sideways

The wind is gusting to 45 miles per hour and the snow is coming sideways. I don't think it will accumulate because it can't land. I'd have Regis take a picture but it wouldn't do it justice. It's ugly-ass weather. I miss the beautiful afternoon we spent in our lawn chairs.

I've been on a tear this weekend; as in spree, an uncharacteristic outburst of activity. Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen, and the living room. This morning we bought groceries and as soon as I got home, I cleaned the bedroom and installed the new electric mattress pad. I cleaned out two drawers of jewelry. Then I headed to the dungeon of the house, the basement store room. It's right at the bottom of the steps and it's where everything lands that doesn't fit upstairs. I filled two big garbage bags and took it over to the neighbor's trash can then filled a bag for the thrift store. I don't know what came over me.

Two good things: I found an earring that has been lost for two years. I kept finding one and thinking it was the only I came upon both of them. Regis gave them to me and they're Egyptian cartouches of the words I love you. I also found a bag of clothes that I thought I had gotten rid of last year, one of which was my favorite fuzzy robe. What would I do without it?

I don't know what to say about the music we went to see last night. It's not a place we frequent so I don't know if this was the usual crowd or if these folks weren't from here. Not wanting to insult anybody's relatives, I'll just say it was a less than sober crowd. There were jackass t-shirts, low-cut dresses, mini-skirts, frog-ass old men who happened to also be toothless, and a few drunks who had trouble remaining vertical. The folk singer writes his own beautiful songs but the crowd wanted to hear Johnny Cash and I swear to God I heard someone request Brittney Spears. I had to jump up and move three times because I thought there was going to be a bar brawl. Regis said he hasn't been so entertained in months. We made it through an hour then left as a big green bus from St. Paul was unloading a fresh supply of drunks at the front door. Most of those people weren't there for the folk singer, I could tell.

I can feel a nap coming on...

No comments: